Early PM Update
Short Note From Culture City Which is very good to do regual Indie Music News
* Janet Weiss the drummer For Sleater-Kinney and the Drummer for Quasi have found a new gig with Stephen Malkmus, she will be behind the Drum Hit for his backing band The Jicks, The Portland Mercury says she is now a full-blown member of the group. She reportedly drummed for the band this past Friday at a gig in Portland.
However, a representative at the Jicks' label home, Matador Records, said they "aren't very active" right now. The position is certainly open, though, as their last drummer, John Moen, is now playing full-time with The Decemberists(Who New album is out Right Now).
* Jenny Lewis (Who in town this Friday for a gig with the Waston Twins at st. Andrews Hall) told Pitchfork that her other band Rilo Kiley have about 20 songs ready to go to record and mix for there new album since 2004
The singer said to Pitchfork "I think we've done most of our tracking. I know Blake (Sennett - guitarist) has a couple of things that he has to do, so I think we're going to start mixing in November. I think we've recorded about 20 songs."
and she have more to say to read the interview click on the link below
Jenny Lewis Talks Too $hort, Rilo Kiley, Postal Service
* The Futureheads who album News and Tributes CD have been blowing up state side had to cancell there Fall US gig, guitarist/vocalist Barry Hyde's been struck down with a severe case of inflamed left wrist tendon so rather to worrie about it later there going to take a rest and do there Fall UK, Detroit was not on the bill, the closest cancell gig was October 21st - Chicago, IL - Metro, October 22nd - Cincinnati, OH - 20th Century Theater, and October 23rd - Indianapolis, IN - Birdy's Bar & Grill.
* Cat Power (the singer who Friendly Kiss me at Tastefest this year) have released a four-song session recorded in June 2006 on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic show. It contains solo versions of two Cat Power songs (the title track from her latest album, The Greatest, and "Good Woman" from 2003's You Are Free) as well as covers of Otis Redding's "Remember Me" and Hank Williams' "Ramblin' Man, it out on Emusic today.
* Jarvis Cocker is happy to say that he have set a Album title and a released date for his debut Solo debut, it Going to be called What eles "Jarvis" and it will be on November 13 in the UK Only, No word yes when it going to out in the U.S.
* New Pornographers Who released Twin Cinama last year have told Pitchfork that they hit the stiudo for there 4th album, Guitarist Todd Fancey told the webzine "[Carl is] working on [the New Pornographers album] now [in New York], and as a band we're going to rehearse the songs on tour in October at soundcheck. So we'll rehearse the songs, go over the tempos. Then [drummer/producer] Kurt [Dahle] will probably get the files in Vancouver and work his ass off again like he did on Twin Cinema and get the drums down. There will be file-sharing going back and forth between the coasts. And then it's [touring] Australia [and] Japan. It's busy times, and I guess we wouldn't have it any other way,"
he also say that Dan Bejar and Neko Case will join the band in the studio and the album will be ready by June 2007.
* Viva Voce is going on tour with Silversun Pickups (touting their Dangerbird-stamped full-length debut, Carnavas), and the Kingdom (supporting their Arena Rock full-length debut K1).
The Band who is Surrporting there Full LP Get Yr Blood Sucked Out is on the road but it will not incluide Detroit area, The Closest gig to Detroit is: October 7th -Urbana, IL - Courtyard Café, October 17th - Toronto, Ontario - Lee's Palace, October 18th - Akron, OH - Lime Spider, October 19th - Columbus, OH - Little Brother's, and October 20th - Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle.
* And you be happy to know that one of the best new Bands this year The Knife will released there 1st two album state-side and it will bereleasd on Halloween it will be 2001's The Knife and 2003's Deep Cuts now both album will have Bounds Cut on the album, and there playing Four gig in the US two in NYC During CMJ and a gig in LA and SF