The Indie Update
* First some news on the local Front, The Hard Lesson who just played there homecoming show on Thursday night after six weeks on the road in Europe, have been names as local opener for The Night 89X Stole Christmas on December 14 with My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, Angels and Airwaves, OK Go (Hey it a geart improvement over the line-up, OK i can handle OK GO) not only that they have book a Boxing day show at the Stick on December 26 also a big Congarulation to Ko and Augie on there recent engaged (yes they were a copled already, Kids now calm down) there was engaged in itlay how romatit, They was also the subject in last week relationship section in the detroit News (yes you here me correct the relationship section of the paper, now i dont have a scanner but the best other way to read it is thur this link
* in Other Indie News with a michigan connection the Stooges with Ann Arbor native Iggy pop and Ex-Detroit and Punk Goddest Patti Smith was among the nominees for the class of 2007 for the rock n roll hall of fame, among the other nominess where Van Halen, R.E.M., Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, the Dave Clark Five, the Ronettes, Chic, and Joe Tex, To be eligible for nomination, an act must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of the nomination the Five entry into the hall will be announced in Jan of 07
* Gnarls Barkley have announced the holiday release of a limited edition St. Elsewhere CD/DVD package, The set, due November 7 on Downtown/Atlantic, is, according to a press release, "bound in a deluxe o-card adorned with 3-D lenticular rendition of the album.
It will also a new 92-page booklet featuring a flipbook and other expanded artwork, while the DVD holds four Gnarls Barkley videos: "Crazy", "Smiley Faces", "Gone Daddy Gone", and the never-before-seen "Go Go Gadget Gospel". Audio tracks from the pair's April 16 "Top of the Pops" performance ("Crazy") and May 19 "Later with Jools Holland" stint ("Gone Daddy Gone") will also be included.
* It you cant wait on November 21 for Sufjan Steven 42 songs Songs for x-mas box set youcan go to his Asthmatic Kitty web sight and Stearm the whole five CD set and if you like it you can pre order
Sufjan Steven X-mas Present
* Also out on December 12th Sonic Youth will put out a rarities compilation called The Destroyed Room: B-sides and Rarities on Geffen.
It may also be the last record for Geffen as they look to move on to a new lable Three of the 12 tracks are previously unreleased, and most of them are culled from their 21st Century output, including the 2001 Noho Furniture Sessions.
01 Fire Engine Dream [2003, previously unreleased Sonic Nurse outtake]
02 Fauxhemians [2001, from the Noho Furniture Sessions and the All Tomorrow's Parties 1.1 compilation]
03 Is It My Body? [1991, from the 2 x 7" Alice Cooper Tribute]
04 Razor Blade [1994, B-side from the "Bull in the Heather" single]
05 Blink [1999, from the Pola X soundtrack]
06 Campfire [2000, from the At Home With the Groovebox compilation]
07 Loop Cat [2003, from the You Can Never Go Fast Enough compilation]
08 Kim's Chords [2003, Japanese bonus track from Sonic Nurse]
09 Beautiful Plateau [2003, Japanese bonus track from Sonic Nurse]
10 Three Part Sectional Love Seat [2001, previously unreleased track from the Noho Furniture Sessions]
11 Queen Anne Chair [2001, previously unreleased track from the Noho Furniture Sessions]
12 The Diamond Sea [1995, LP version with alternate ending; B-side from "The Diamond Sea" single]
* Indie Folkey Joanna Newsom who just played Five East coast Dates will pled a extened tour but like all good band this year she skiping detroit but from pitchfork her are the clostest gig from detroit:
November 8 - Chicago, IL - Logan Square Auditorium (two shows)
November 09 - Columbus, OH - Little Brother's
November 10 - Cleveland, OH - Beachland Ballroom
All show is with opener Bobby Birdman
www.bobbybirdman.com or www.myspace.com/bobbbirdman
* After a very susccful Lollaplooza last august in Grant Park, Organizers and the city of Chicago have last week have singed a agreedment to held the once travling Featival at Grant Park in Chicago to held Lolly every year untill 2011, this tear Lolly have over 60,000 to 75,000 music nerds in the windy city.